El-Rufai speaks on how he contracted coronavirus

Kaduna Governor Mallam Nasiru El-Rufa’i has spoken of his traumatic experience while knocked down by coronavirus, saying that he could have died but for his doctors.

El-Rufai, who spoke in a Hausa Radio programme today, said he went through trauma and battled with debilitating headache while he addressed the state from isolation.

The Governor noted he was the first to suffer from the virus in Kaduna state and Allah knows why.

According to him: “I could have died, if not for my doctors. I followed their instructions strictly and took my medications.


“My wives collaborated with Dr Hadiza, the Deputy Governor and seized my phones while in isolation. I was only left with an iPad, the device I used to read and go online.

“I survived it, someone else may not, that is why we are very serious about the disease.

“I went through trauma, even when I spoke online from isolation, I was battling with a debilitating headache. I won’t like even my enemy to suffer from coronavirus.”

He added: “I can’t exactly say how I contracted the coronavirus. But I was in Abuja and had interacted with many people, some from overseas.

“I was assigned to chair committees by the government. I believe it was from these interactions that I got the virus.”

Post a Comment